Assorted Q and A
A collection of some of our Live Help conversations over the years . . .
We began offering Live Help in 2003. Our collection of e-mail exchanges has since grown to include many thousands of conversations—questions and answers on a large variety of topics on the philosophy and practical application of Krishna consciousness.
Each link below represents an edited, real-life chat with a Krishna.com Live Help volunteer. Maybe you’ll find answers to your own questions here—or even things you never considered before. . .
- How can I go to Vrindavan?
- How to stop smoking?
- How can one get Krishna Consciousness? How can chanting give mental satisfaction?
- What does the swastika mean?
- "How to consider Krishna as God?"
- How can we believe that Krishna is there?
- How is it possible to control sex desire?
- Why do sannyasis get their feet washed? How does one become a guru?
- Are there no elderly people in Goloka? Were the scriptures written by humans? Does Krishna appear on earth every Dvapara-yuga?
- Whatever I have lost, can it never come back to me?
- Is following Krishna the same as following Vishnu, since Vishnu is Krishna’s avatar?
- What if I have unlimited excuses for not chanting Hare Krishna?
- Do you believe in Jesus?
- Do we need the help of God for inner self happiness?
- Do we have to pray every day and why?
- My mind is disturbed even though I try my best to recite Hare Krishna. Any advice?
- What is the difference between Dhyana and Bhakti?
- I have been thinking about joining ISKCON but the thing that stops me is the fear of going to hell. Can you help me?
- If somebody cursed Krishna after the Kurukshetra war, does that mean God is imperfect or someone is more powerful than Him?
- What is Krishna’s stance on Christianity?
- If I like chicken very much, how can I quit?
- Which is better—to earn lots of money and donate to Krishna and spread His name or to stop earning money and chant His name?
- Is there any scientific explanation for the concept of changing bodies?
- Can I offer celery to Krishna?
- Why are there some differences between various religions, even though their common aim is to discover and reach GOD?
- During Brahma's night, what happens to the living entities?
- What are the benefits of chanting?
- Where in Srimad-Bhagavatam can I find the baby's gradual growth in the mother's womb?
- Did Prabhupada say, "I have finished my rounds. Now I can do any damn thing." ?
- How can I find motivation for serving Krishna?
- What do I do if sex thoughts agitate my mind?
- The regulative principles: no meat eating, no gambling, no intoxicants, and no illicit drugs. Can you explain it in detail?
- How to chant if you are too busy?
- I'm in a relationship with someone who's not a devotee of Krishna . . .