Pre-Janmastami, and Janmastami Conference calls, Friday and Sunday
Hi all, as many of you know I will be hosting 2 conference calls, the first tonight at 8PM, the second, Janmastami day at 3PM. I have been inviting a few of you to attend and then I thought I should make a personal blog invite to whoever. I think this would be a good opportunity to meet some of you, and to churn the nectar of topics about Krishna. I like the idea of having a core of very interested devotees like all of you. That makes for an interesting discussion.
These calls are not just about me speaking, but the interaction of devotees. The audience is at least 50% of the equation. Actually without the audience or the interest of the inquiry there is no Krishna katha. Though we can speak to the four walls, having a group come together for a common purpose makes it more relishable. The necessity or urgency of the inquirer to understand, empowers the speaker to speak, so to speak. That is one of the ways Krishna is present. However, not to worry if you don't have a burning question---all questions appreciated, and may lead to someone elses question, or a discussion.
I suggested the concept of a conference call to the Krishna.com organizers since I have hosted other calls, and they said, "Do it". Be careful about your suggestions! :-)) So that is why I went forward, as a service to the devotees. Certainly I appreciate the opportunity to speak, yet this is really your call. I am a facilitator of your service---that is my service.
I only know a few things, a few drops of the unlimited ocean. So it is always humbling to speak to others about Krishna, the supreme unlimited God on one hand, and the most intimate, approachable, supremely lovable, best possible friend, on the other. We are a spark, yet Krishna wants our love and affectionate interactions with him. And we have the opportunity to help each other though hearing and chanting about him
The details are on the home page, but here they are again. Hope to "see" you there.
How to call in:
Dial: (712) 775-7000
Access code: 532329#
This is just like any long distance call. No other charge is made. The calls will last one hour, unless the ecstasy is too great in which case they will be extended.
The conference calls will take place on 2 different days with each day having specific themes.
When: Friday, August 22, 2008
Time: 8 PM Eastern Time
Friday’s Themes for Discussion and Questions:
* Unlimited Incarnations (avatars) of God
* Krishna is the foundation or original aspect of the Absolute Truth
* Classical reasons for God’s descent (Bhagavad-gita ch.4 vs. 6,7,& 8 )
* Many different types of incarnations
* Appreciating how any glorious, opulent, beautiful, or powerful existence represents a fragment of those qualities in Krishna. (Gita ch.10 vs.39,40,41 & 42)
When: Sunday, August 24th, 2008
Time: 3 PM Eastern Time
Janmastami Day’s Themes for Discussions and Questions:
* The Appearance Day of Lord Krishna and why it’s important
* What it demonstrates (the activities of Krishna in the spiritual world etc)
* Krishna’s activities are spiritual or transcendental to worldly activities and by hearing and discussing these activities with interest and devotion one becomes purified and advances spiritually (Bhagavad-gita ch. 4.9)
* Ways Krishna has manifested for the times we live in as Lord Chaitanya, his pure devotees, and the holy name
* How the Hare Krishna mantra is a very merciful incarnation of Krishna