Is Life or am I, Complex or Simple?

So many opinions
so little time:
Are we or is life
very complex
or very simple?

Both! Depending on
our nature and perspective.

A person or life is simple or complex
according to one's conditioned nature
which could be a blessing or curse
in different circumstances.

Simple people think complex people
speak way too many words
using too many colors or possessions
which hide life with endless distractions.

Complicated or complex thinking people
will never accept simple explanations
thinking them incomplete or
just too--well, simple--to be adequate.

Matter seems more tangible to some
who think experiment and conjecture
will unlock the secrets to control Nature
revealing our heart's desire.

Yet for the trained eye spirit
is primal, essential, foundational--
at once most basic and simple, yet hidden as
exploitation covers spiritual understanding.

Materially complicated people
make everything complicated,
simple or uncluttered spiritual people
find the essence or underlying purpose.

Prabhupada taught that
Krishna consciousness is simple
for the simple, while complicated
for the crooked or materialistic.

Spiritual volumes satisfy our intellect
or distract--the point is to soften the heart
by awakening the soul's Krishna prema (love)
manifesting kindness and compassion for all.

Spiritual life is logical
though ultimately transrational
complexity or simplicity is only as good
as it allows the soul to come out.

Begin where you are--don't fret
surrender complexity or simplicity
for gaining understanding of
your identity and Krishna connection.

How can the finite
know the infinite?
Only by infinite's grace--
humbling the simple and complex.

Fri, 03/20/2009 - 15:19 — Magesh
Immersed in Love

When we focus our attention completely toward the infinite & control our senses,we see the infinite as the simple & only truth.

When we open the eyes after pleading with infinite,to make us love him more,we find the love(very little) we have for the infinite flowing towards all other living things around us.

We start to cry for suffering of a unknown person.
(This is my first comment to any blog,please correct/forgive me if I was wrong)

Sat, 03/21/2009 - 04:09 — Karnamrita.das
A work in progress

Most of us are not realized souls, though we are on the bhakti path of perfection--or aspiring to be. I am here as a catalyst for discussion and to thus give food for thought. Even though I am a tiny devotee who is still struggling with many basic things, I do have considerable experience from being on the path for many years.

Though I am writing here as the "Krishna.com blogger" who we would hope has some level of Krishna consciousness, that doesn't mean I am putting myself forward as the one who knows everything and that your are to just listen to without comment or question. I can be corrected or inspired by you as well. Anyone can be our teacher if we are open to the possibility. Therefore, your comments are welcome. We should all practice humility as it is essential for our spiritual progress, but our aspiring humility should not be used as an excuse to not participate. That would be a loss for everyone.

Krishna is that aspect of the Infinite that is human like and approachable. Out of the desire for loving relationships he has an eternal, blissful spiritual body that we can approach and engage in reciprocal loving activities. The Supreme Infinite Absolute, becomes conquered by the love of his devotees. That is Krishna! He is God, in love, in his private life when he wants to relax and be his most intimate self.

Though Krishna is the origin of all forms of God, in this form he hides his opulence. He takes off his crown and covers his effulgence and Majesty and is simply charming and irresistible! In that way there is possibility of intimacy and friendship and even to be his lover. Every moment with him is ever fresh and new. He is the love of our life that we are have been searching for through countless births! Now we have found the resting place for our heart and soul!

dasanudas Karnamrita

Sun, 03/22/2009 - 02:48 — Magesh
Hare Krishna

Hare Krishna,Thank you for your kind words.

Fri, 03/20/2009 - 15:37 — abrennan
very nice

keep it up

Thu, 03/19/2009 - 12:07 — Go-Seva
Striving to be simple

Hare Krsna~ I remember a time when things seemed very complicated to me: I was immersed in always buying the latest fashions and (especially) shoes/bags, never happy with whatever circumstances I was in, whether the job or the relationship, and so I was never really very happy. It seemed that the "bigger and better" thing was just around the corner, and I was always trying to reach it. Of course, I never did until I found Krsna.

These days, being immersed in Krsna's service instead of the mundane, everything just seems simpler and I couldn't be happier. The only things I want now are to serve the Vaisnavas, the guru, and, of course, Radha-Krsna. The taste is so sweet and sublime, like a dream come true.

I still have times when I have deal with complex issues, but with Srila Prabhupada's and Krsna's guidance, even the complex seems simple. If I always keep the priorities straight, I can make the complex simple.

Just my two cents! Haribol~

Thu, 03/19/2009 - 15:06 — Karnamrita.das
Keeping up

I loved what you shared here, especially how the complex things are becoming simple....how profound that is! That is one of those things that is hard to explain and has to be experienced. Being Krishna conscious is really very simple if we allow it to be. Yes keeping up with the "Jones" is hard work as styles are always changing. Material life means true happiness is always just around the corner. Prabhupada often said it is much easier to please Krishna than materialistic family or friends who want you to please them. The struggle to cross the material ocean of birth and death becomes reduced to the amount of water in a calf's hoof print by the mercy of Shri Guru and Gauranga!

Thu, 03/19/2009 - 13:43 — abrennan
The Value

The value of those two cents are inestimable

Thu, 03/19/2009 - 14:53 — Karnamrita.das
Here here

Just imagine a few dollars or more!