Dvadasi — break Ekadasi fast 04:49 - 09:19 (Local Time), Srila Vrindavana Dasa Thakura - Appearance
Break fast 04:49 - 09:19 (Local Time)
Dvadasi is the twelfth day of the waning or waxing moon (dva, "two," dasi, "tenth"). In the Vedic, lunar calendar, dvadasi follows Ekadasi, a day customarily set aside for exclusive focus on spiritual activity and fasting—at least from grains and beans. Fasting for Ekadasi is considered incomplete unless one breaks fast at the proper time the following day, dvadasi. These times are provided here.
Vrindavana Dasa Thakura was the author of Sri Chaitanya Bhagavata, a biography of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. He is considered the manifest Vyasadeva (editor of the Vedas) during Mahaprabhu's pastimes. He was born shortly after the disappearance of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. At the age of twenty, he accepted formal initiation from Nityananda Prabhu. It was on Lord Nityananda's order that he wrote Sri Chaitanya Bhagavata.
- Video: Vaishnava Authors: Vrindavana dasa Thakura
- Vrindavana Dasa Thakura mentioned in Chaitanya-charitamrita: Vedabase.com
- Bhajans by Vrindavana Dasa Thakura, on ISKCON Desire Tree
- About the birth of Vrindavana dasa Thakura from vaisnavacalendar.info
- More about Vrindavana dasa Thakura on gaudiyahistory.com
- In our Store: Sri Chaitanya Bhagavata, by Vrindavana dasa Thakura
(Photo of Vrindavana dasa Thakura's birthplace courtesy of gaudiyahistory.com)