I want to do something to improve my spiritual life. Any suggestions?
Here are some recommended things to do—especially for a person who's interested in Krishna consciousness. First is a list of activities that can help anyone in their spiritual progress. Second is a list of attitudes conducive to the cultivation of spiritual consciousness. We hope you find something helpful here.
- Receive initiation from an authorized spiritual master.
- Chant the Hare Krishna mantra under a spiritual master’s direction.
- Serve and seek guidance from a spiritual master.
- Observe the holy days related to Krishna.
- Worship Tulasi.
- Practice nonviolence, seeing all beings as equal on the spiritual platform.
- Always remember Krishna.
- Practice good personal hygiene.
- Live by religious principles, and act out of duty if spontaneous spiritual feelings haven’t yet manifest.
- Keep company with Krishna’s devotees.
- Follow the teachings and examples of previous great devotees.
- Live with a sincere desire to please Krishna, thus attracting His attention and mercy.
- Regard our suffering as Krishna’s mercy, meant for our purification.
- Always offer Krishna respect and prayers.
- Be enthusiastic, determined, and patient in practicing bhakti-yoga (Krishna consciousness).
- Use everything in the service of the Lord.
- Be convinced that engagement in bhakti(devotional service) is real life.
- Take advantage of the company of Krishna's devotees to develop faith.
- Be confident that by honest endeavor, you will achieve success by Krishna’s mercy.