The mind is always busy: It can’t be stopped. Meditation and yoga are for helping us rise above the mind’s chatter. What we meditate on now creates our future life.
Mantra meditation is what the Vedas prescribe for this day and age. The single most highly recommended mantra—with the greatest ability to uplift our consciousness—is:
Find out why this is the most recommended mantra for this day and age, and what makes it so effective. Hear explanations of the mantra's meaning, and why it is such a powerful prayer that it doesn't even matter if you know what it means. Here are also helpful tips on how to chant it, and many descriptions of the Hare Krishna mantra's many benefits.
- Krishna Meditation—the significance of, reasons for, and philosophy behind Hare Krishna mantra meditation.
- "You Can Pronounce Krishna in Any Way"—Does true spirituality require a specific hairstyle, clothing style, vocabulary, and a diet of curried vegetables?
- How to Chant on Beads—How to get up and running in your practice of chanting Hare Krishna in the privacy of your own home.
- Does it Matter What Mantra I Chant?—Mantras and the process of devotional service have special power, provided they are received from the authorized person.
- Video: How to Practice Japa Mantra Meditation—A practical demonstration by Kalakantha dasa, president of the Gainesville, USA Krishna House, on how to chant Hare Krishna on japa beads.